Saturday, June 28, 2014

Five For Friday (a day late...)


It's my first time linking up for Doodle Bugs Weekly Linky Party! I'm excited to get back in the swing of blogging, and linking up to other blogs. Here's what's been going on this week!


I posted about this earlier, but I spent Monday and Tuesday learning about the workshop model from Patrick Allen. It was amazing, and only the first in a 3 year process my district is implementing. To say I'm inspired is putting it mildly!


Binge-watching Netflix is one of my favorite things about the summer... all those shows I didn't have a chance to watch because of a busy school year can now be on my tv screen. Right now, I'm finishing up Sons of Anarchy, which is my background noise as I blog this. 

I find it interesting because it's such a foreign lifestyle, and yet the show talks about towns near me in Northern California. Oakland and Stockton are regular spots on the show. It's fun to hear local spots. But I may have to cover my eyes sometimes... Bikers settle things violently.


Is there anything better than being able to go out for a leisurely lunch with friends for the summer? Yesterday I had lunch with a fellow teacher, and it was great to sit outside, talk, and not feel the pressure of time...

Reading! There's finally time to sit and read a good book! I'm currently re-reading the first two books in the All Souls trilogy (A Discovery of Witches, Shadow of Night) before the final book comes out in July. 


It's such a good series, but each book is lengthy and has a lot of historical events within it. You have to pay attention! I'm excited to just be able to sit and get lost in a story, without feeling guilty that I should be doing something else.


Today I'm looking forward to going to my church. We're starting a new service time at 4pm, which I'm serving with our elementary kids. After that, I'll be worshipping during the 6pm service. It's nice that there will finally be two Saturday night services, because I do love sleeping in, and it was always hard for me to wake up early for a Sunday morning service. My church just started a new series called Favored. Last week was Abraham. 
One of my favorite things about my church, and my pastor, is he infuses history into his sermons. And if you know me at all, you know that I love history. It was my major in college. I almost thought about teaching high school history. It's still one of my favorite things to teach in 5th grade! And learning about biblical history is fascinating to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment