Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Currently

I'm linking up with Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade, and I'm so excited to be sharing my Currently again! It's so amazing how many awesome people link up each month!


1. Listening- I have to admit... I'm obsessed with country music. I listen to it all the time. And to me, there are no 2 better women in country than Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert. Their new duet, "Somethin' Bad" is awesome. I've listened to it countless times. And their music video... awesome doesn't even begin to describe it. Those girls are bad-ass. 

2. Loving- A few months ago I chopped off quite a bit of my hair into a shoulder length bob. And today, I shortened it a little more, and went even lighter blonde for summer. And I love it! So excited! A new haircut can totally change your day!

3. Thinking- I'm joining the children's book club hosted by Ramona Recommends and I can't wait to find out what book we're going to be reading this month! 

4. Wanting- If you haven't read the first two books in the All Souls trilogy, I highly recommend them. The first book is A Discovery of Witches and the second is Shadow of Night. They are by Deborah Harkness, and they effortlessly weave magic, science, history, romance... The final book in the series, The Book of Life comes out on July 15th. I just reread the first two books in anticipation. I'm more excited than ever to finish this trilogy.

5. Needing- I have several in progress TPT projects going... I really need to finish them up!

6. 4th of July Plans- We haven't totally solidified what we're doing... but it will be something with my family. We'll definitely be watching fireworks, since our town is bringing them back at our county fair after several years without them. It'll be nice to watch them from my parents house instead of having to drive to see them (or watching them on TV).

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Kasey :) I found you through FARLEY :D I just chopped my hair off, too! Definitely brightens your day! Hope you have an awesome 4th of July! Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mel... seems like a lot of bloggers have TBD 4th of July plans. I guess that's the lovely thing about summer for us teachers, we get to kind of go with the flow instead of being go, go, go! :)
    Sarah from Mrs. Jones Teaches

    ReplyDelete