Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Why I Am... Organized


I'm slightly obsessed with organizing my classroom library. And I've tried a lot of different ways to accomplish that. When I taught second and third I had things sorted by level. But my bins were always chaotic and things were not kept in the same area twice. My kids were not good at figuring out where to put their books back when they were done.

Then when I moved to 5th... I tried sorting by genre. But again, the students were great at finding the wrong spots to put their books in. So three years ago I finally settled on alphabetical by author's last name. And I must say, my room's library has stayed relatively organized all year long, even with 33 ten year olds rummaging around in it.

Check out my library in my previous post!


No comments:

Post a Comment