Saturday, August 16, 2014

Back from vacation...


I had a truly fantastic 2 week vacation. What a blessing to enjoy a beautiful cruise to Alaska. The wildlife was beyond amazing. I saw bald eagles, black bears, whales...  And this girl, who's afraid of heights and barely likes the 2nd story of the mall (childhood issues, clearly!) went on a zipline! The largest zipline in Icy Straight Point, Alaska. Our starting point was at 1300 feet. That's taller than the Empire State Building! And I did it. I was so proud of myself!  Check out their YouTube video, below. 




Check out my instagram (@missmelbert) for the photos from my trip. I got to go to a sled dog camp, went off-roading in dune buggies, went into the Yukon Territory in Jeeps... It was awesome!

And while I loved every minute of it, I couldn't help the little voice in my head that was counting down the days till school starting and getting my classroom put together.

My new set of kiddos will be at my door bright and early on Monday the 25th. I've been in my classroom with the help of my wonderful mom, dad, and brother... and a true transformation is under way. I wish I could say I was done and that I'd be revealing my classroom today but... I'm not. No where close. The students' desks are still in the middle as one giant mega-desk.

So my goal this final week of "summer" is to finish my classroom. And a big reveal will be coming. Sooner, rather than later!

How is everyone enjoying their last few days of summer? Or if you're already in school again, how have your first few weeks gone?




No comments:

Post a Comment